Geelong car mechanic’s tips for reducing fuel consumptionMarch 20, 2016
If rising petrol prices have you concerned about your car’s fuel economy, there are several tricks and tips our Geelong car mechanics use to reduce fuel consumption. Applying these tips means you will not only save money, but also ensure the optimum operation of your vehicle.
Common tips from our Geelong car mechanics include:
- Bringing your car in for a regular servicing and tune.
- Keeping your tyres at the correct pressures – check only when tyres are cold.
- Practice a smooth driving technique – avoid rapid acceleration and constant braking.
- Fitting the fuel cap properly and keeping it in good condition.
- Reducing air conditioner use, as this increases fuel consumption between 5 and 10 percent.
- When you do run the air conditioner, turn air circulation to recycle.
Please contact our car mechanics for more information about reducing fuel consumption in your European vehicle.